Have you ever ask yourself the following questions?
- Is my portfolio good enough?
- Am I doing UX the right way?
- How do I apply what I learned from bootcamp in a real job?
- How do I convince my boss to do research?
- How do I become a Senior designer?
Ask yourself honestly, will you be able to find answers to these questions on your own? How many hours would that take? Even if you do, with so many conflicting advise out there, how confident are you to be able to get the right answer?
This stuff is tough.
When I was early in my career, I felt exactly the same way.
Maybe you struggled to find a UX job, maybe you are the only designer in your startup, or maybe you felt like your manager couldn’t teach you anything about design.
You felt overwhelmed, you are not sure what to do, and you don’t know what you don’t know!
You wish there is someone senior enough to guide you. However, finding a good mentor with the time to coach you is not that easy.
It maybe weeks or months since you’ve made real progress in your UX career.
Good news is… it doesn’t have to be that way!
Gone are the days of wasting time aimlessly on the internet, you will have direct access to an expert in the field that not only talk the talk, but had walk the walk.
Hi, I’m Tim Chan.
Product Design Lead at HSBC Hong Kong
With more than 8 years in UX design, I have extensive knowledge in managing a design team & mentoring designers.
A few facts about me:
How does the coaching service work?
You will have an 1 hour one-on-one coaching session with me via Zoom. How you want to spend the hour is entirely up to you, my mentees usually come to me with the following topics:
- Portfolio review
- UX interview preparation
- Career development
What you get
- I will provide you with SPECIFIC and TACTICAL recommendations for all of the most common, most troublesome, and most annoying situations you’ll run into.
- You’ll get solid & actionable advice on what to do next, and understand the rationale behind my tailored recommendations on portfolios, interviews and career development.
- BONUS: All strategies discussed during sessions will be documented in a Notion folder along with a recording of our session, such that you won’t miss a thing. (Here is an example)
- How to tell when your portfolio is ready
- How to present your portfolio
- How to prepare for an UX interview
- Ways to handle take home assignment and whiteboard sessions
- How to stand out among others as a junior designer
- How to evaluate the UX maturity of a company before applying to it
- What type of company should you apply for your first UX job
- How do you do research and sell it to stakeholders
- How to deal with stakeholders that don’t value the design process
- How to become a senior designer
- What does a UX lead/UX manager do
- What does the UX career ladder look like and how to plan your path
- How to grow in your career – Generalist vs Specialist
- How to deal with impostor syndrome
- And much more!
What my past students are saying about my service.
Tim is amazing!! Super helpful and always give constructive feedback instantly for the mock interview. In addition, he always shares informative sources to let me learn more about whiteboard challenge tasks and practice with me. After that, I felt more confident for my interview.
CathyUX Consultant in Fintech
It’s been an absolutely inspirational 3 months being mentored by Tim. Surely he’s a very experienced UX Designer, but to me, he’s even more like a strategist. As a junior designer, nothing could be more useful than getting advice on career planning and stakeholder management – navigating my way through people in a complex, professional setting. The mentorship experience instills confidence so that you feel ready to show up and be present for your next challenge, and I’d definitely recommend Tim for anyone who’s looking for a mentor in UX.
FionaWeb & Graphic Designerr
I joined the program after I successfully switched industry and start my job as UX/UI designer in a bank. I was really confused about my future career at that time. Tim helped me to find a direction. His suggestions were clear, accurate, and to-the-point. Apart from the hard skills and UX methodology, he gave me lots of advice on soft skills such as stakeholder negotiation, which I did apply to my daily job. In addition, he helped me realize what I have learnt before can be applied to the filed of UX. He is really a good mentor to me and helped me a lot in my professional life and we kept in touch after the program. I’m very lucky to have him as my mentor since he not only “gives me the fish”, instead, he “teaches me how to fish”.
Is UXwanabe 1on1 coaching right for you?
UXwanabe 1on1 coaching is NOT for you if…
- You’re starting from scratch and haven’t learn the basic of UX yet (Join a UX course or read some UX books. My coaching service will be here when you’re ready)
- You’re looking for a magic bullet (expect to land a UX job offer or get a promotion tomorrow) without putting in the work
UXwanabe 1on1 coaching is for you if…
- You already understand the basic of UX
- You’re committed to put in the hard work by taking action and follow through with my recommendations
- You’re looking for a STRATEGY, not random tactics or tricks.
Frequently Asked Questions
“Why should I pay for coaching? Can’t I get this somewhere for free?”
There are excellent service out there where you can get coaching for free, and I do encourage you to check them out and I am genuinely happy for you if you can find value in those service. With that said, studies have shown that people value what they pay for. When it comes to advice, people are more committed to follow through if they paid for it versus if they received the advise for free. It is about sending a message to yourself that you are worth investing in, because nobody cares about your career as much as you do.
“What if I am not satisfied with the service?”
I stand by the value I provide in my coaching sessions. If for ANY reason you are not satisfied, let me know within 3 days after the session and you’ll get 100% of your money back. It’s just that simple!
Why waste your time endlessly finding scattered information on the internet when you can get an experienced design leader telling you exactly what to do?
Remember, nobody cares about your career as much as you do.
If you’re ready to accelerate your UX career, coaching can be the best investment you make this year.
Start sending a message to yourself that you are worth investing in.
- You save $200!
Once you have completed your payment, email me at email@example.com and I will send you a calendar invite for you to book a coaching slot.
Chat with me
Still not sure? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an introductory call.